The hormonal changes and other chemical signals of pregnancy often confuse the body, sometimes to the detriment of good nutrition. Because it works by stimulating the body’s own healing responses, homeopathy can be ideal for treating morning sickness, nausea, headaches and many other symptoms that can occur during pregnancy.
The five gentle single remedies in this combination apply relief to a range of gastric symptoms related to pregnancy.
• Cerium - This lesser known remedy has a very singular purpose in homeopathy - vomiting of half digested food, especially during pregnancy.
• Ipecacuana - Relieves nausea that wants to vomit but cannot, or nausea that remains after vomiting.
• Nux vomica - Applies to nausea which may or may not cause vomiting and feels worse in the morning, after eating or with tobacco.
• Sepia - Relieves many pregnancy symptoms including nausea with a gnawing pain relieved only temporarily by eating and aggravated by morning, milk and pork.
• Tabacum - Applies to violent sour nausea and vomiting that feel better in fresh air (though that may worsen dizziness), and worse for morning, travel or fasting.
Miranda Castro’s book Homeopathy for Pregnancy, Birth and Baby’s First Year, lists all these ingredients (except Cerium) as safe for morning sickness, and Cerium is referred to in several Materia Medica. Though homeopathy is very safe, it is medicinal, so please seek advice from a healthcare professional for all dosing during pregnancy.
Homeopathic Ingredients: Cerium oxalicum, Ipecac, Nux vomica, Sepia, Tabacum
|Homeopathic Ingredients||Cerium oxalicum, Ipecac, Nux vomica, Sepia, Tabacum|
|Product Type||Combination Remedy|