Homeopathy - Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these remedies herbal?
- No, while many homeopathic remedies are derived from plants and even herbs, their method of preparation and highly defined principles of application are unique to homeopathic medicines.
- Who can take it?
- Everyone! You’re never too old, young, weak, strong, sickly or healthy to benefit from homeopathy. For children under 2 years of age, professional guidance is recommended with every form of self care.
- For babies, do tablets need to be placed under the tongue?
- The soft tablets dissolve very quickly so you can put them between baby’s cheek and gum or under the tongue. For harder tablets or pellets, crush them between two spoons or dissolve them in a teaspoon of water before dosing.
- Should I keep dosing until the bottle runs out?
- Not unless your homeopath or program advises it. In general, it is best to stop dosing when you feel a marked improvement or change, even if after only one dose. Just assume the body has the message and does not need further doses to confuse its progress. If improvement ceases, you can always resume dosing. This approach is especially apt when using higher potency singles.
- Is homeopathy safe to take with my other medications?
- Yes, prescriptions, OTCs, supplements, etc.– homeopathy has no contra indications and because it works with the body’s own resources, it has no risk of habituation or ‘druggy’ side effects.
- What role does the FDA have in homeopathy?
- Two organizations are involved in the standardization and oversight of homeopathic production, the FDA and the HPUS. The Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the US (HPUS) establishes the tests, standards, assays and production methods for each remedy it incorporates. The FDA uses HPUS monographs plus the same rules and regulations it applies to other forms of medicine to oversee and scrutinize homeopathic manufacturing, production and labeling. The uses for our homeopathic products are based on traditional homeopathic practice. They have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. Homeopathic medicines have been officially recognized as drugs in the US since their inclusion in the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938.
- Do your products have an expiration date?
- No. Homeopathic medicines are effective indefinitely as they are very stable when stored under normal conditions (away from moisture and excessive heat or cold). For this reason, the FDA has exempted homeopathic manufacturers from posting expiration dates.
- What if I am lactose intolerant or am sensitive to milk?
- All our tablets contain pure Lactose N.F. (National Formulary), which is without casein, whey or the other milk proteins which tend to trigger reactions to dairy products. Plus, the actual amount of lactose per dose is less than what typically triggers aggravations. You can also dissolve tablets in water and sip that as your dose.
Single Homeopathic Remedies - Stock Up & Save!
Having what you need when you need it is a great comfort. Our C kits let you carry the 27 singles you need for your family or your profession. For complete listings of all our kits, visit our website’s Homeopathic Kits page.
Order our singles individually for only $9.95 or get 27 remedies of your choice for the price of 16!
This kit is designed by You! Pick 27 vials and Save!
Just choose 27 single remedies from the list of remedies below in 30C and/or 200C potency vials. We will pack them in a kit that’s easy to take everywhere. CKIT $168.99
Please note: For accuracy, the Selected C-Kit remedy choices must be submitted via the special page on our website, by mail, or faxed to us as they require much detailed processing.
1-800 Homeopathy makes homeopathic remedies available in 5 potencies: 6X, 12X and 30X are packaged in 500 tablet bottles 30C and 200C in 160 pellet vials. Click here to browse all the single homeopathic remedies we provide.
*Please note: these statements are based upon traditional homeopathic practice. They have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration.
The eeriness thrills, the cold wind chills, and the candy spills into every sack. Are you ...
Pain is Body Talk Body Talk Can Help You Manage Pain If you think of pain as bod ...
Homeopathy can turn school challenges into opportunitiesBack to School, Note Stress!Every ...